Advertisement

BMW E30 M20B25 Engine Rebuild Restoration - Time-Lapse | Part 3

BMW E30 M20B25 Engine Rebuild Restoration - Time-Lapse | Part 3 Get a Shop Manual for Your Car:
(Available for Most Makes and Models)

In this episode, I start by taking the main parts to for machining. They will be filming the entire process as I cannot due to insurance reasons. That video is coming soon! I then start sorting through all of the parts left for me to restore or replace. I then realize how boring it would be to see each process done on 40 parts. So I decided to restore one thing at a time starting with the rocker cover. The thing that started restore it off. Enjoy!

So some of you are rightfully confused about the touring and the 325i Sport. Just to clear it up... This is the engine from the touring. I own the black 325i sport and the silver touring. I have already restored the engine from the 325i sport before I started youtube. I'm now, more thoroughly restoring the engine from the touring to put into the 325i sport, because of how more through this restoration is going to be. I will return the old engine from the 325i back into the touring at the end of this series. I hope this clears it up :)

Thanks to FCPEuro.com for supplying parts for this restoration and supporting the channel.

Tools & equipment used:

Quartz Lacquer -
Base Coat Paint -
Rust Remover -
Fast Mover 1kW Infrared Paint Dryer, Stand, Timer -
Workbenches -
Moldex Full Face Mask -
FGL 5 Spray gun -
A.N.I. R150-T Mini Spray gun -
Colad Washable Overalls -
Colad Mixing Cups -
Colad TurboMix Sticks -
Colad Synthetic Paint Strainers -
Steel wire bits -
Blasting Cabinet -
Blasting pot -
Cordless Ratchet -
Parts Wahser -
Rotary Tool -
Concentrate Degreaser -
Mannesmann Socket Set -

Time Stamps:

00:00 - Taking the main parts to
00:35 - All of the parts left
01:21 - EmanualOnline.com
02:42 - The parts I'm going to restore
02:54 - The parts I'm going to be replacing thanks to FCPEuro.com
03:11 - Making a list of parts that need shot blasting
03:45 - Dismantling those parts further
04:37 - Degreasing some parts
05:53 - Dismantling the Intake manifold
07:14 - More parts degreasing
07:37 - Focusing on the rocker cover
09:06 - Filling the bents
09:49 - Making the holes
10:55 - Etching primer
11:28 - Quartz High build primer
12:26 - flattening the primer
12:21 - Quartz Deep black base coat
14:08 - Removing the pain from the top
14:57 - Quartz crystal clear lacquer
16:07 - Demasking
16:34 - Shots of the rocker cover
16:54 - Demasking and fixing some paint errors
17:16 - Everything left for me to restore
17:22 - EmanualOnline
17:27 - FCPEuro.com


If you would like to send me something to restore, tools to use or anything to support Restore It, please email:

Restoreitchannel@gmail.com

I'm doing YouTube full time, 7 days a week, so any support is appreciated.

A huge thank you to all of my Patrons. Exclusive content coming soon!

Become a patron to win the Items featured in these videos!
Patreon -

Follow me on Social media to keep up to date with videos and behind the scenes.

Twitter


Facebook


Instagram
@RestoreItChannel

Discord
I now also have a discord server if you want to chill with like-minded people and maybe learn something new.


restoration,how to rebuild an engine,how to repair engine,bmw e30,m20b25,restore it,engine,Classic Car,how to remove engine,how to remove engine cover,dodge,motor,engine knock,diagnose engine noise,rebuild,repair,straight 6,rebuilding,machine shop,welding,time lapse,timelapse,BMW,v8,v6,boxer,inline 6,Classic Cars,m50,ford,bentley,chrysler,garage rebuild,rebuilt,rebuilt engine,volkswagen,325i,do it yourself,mercedes,bmw engine,bentley engine,rusty,restore,

Post a Comment

0 Comments