Advertisement

The BEST Slow Cooker Vegan Beans | 1 Pot of Beans, 4 Easy Frugal Meals | No Oil Refried Bean Recipe

The BEST Slow Cooker Vegan Beans | 1 Pot of Beans, 4 Easy Frugal Meals | No Oil Refried Bean Recipe These are the BEST beans in our opinion and I'm happy to share my recipe with you! From one pot of beans, we love to eat it these 4 ways. They're affordable, delicious and perfect for any season of the year especially these hot summer days because it limits the amount of cooking that I need to do.

Peruano aka Canary aka Mayocoba are THE BEST beans in our opinion. If you cannot find these beans, Pinto beans are an excellent replacement.


๐ŸŒฟRECIPE:
1 pound of Peruano or Pinto beans
6 cups of water
1 large onion peeled and quartered
3 cloves of minced garlic (9 grams)
.25-.5 tsp red pepper flakes (~1 gram. Use more or less depending on your level of spice. I used .25 tsp and they are very mild for us)
1 tsp cumin (3 grams)
1 tsp salt (6 grams)
.25 tsp pepper (less than 1 gram)

Cook on HIGH for 8 hours. Using the kill-a-watt, I measured this to cost us 32 cents of electricity. I think that's pretty inexpensive for so many meals!


๐ŸŒฟSubscribe to my channel. It's FREE and FRUGAL!!!

๐ŸŒฟ Music Credits
๐ŸŽถMy son!

๐ŸŒฟ Contact me!
Follow me on Instagram:
   
Email me at: 
   seewendyyt@gmail.com

๐ŸŒฟ About me:
I'm a full-time working mom of 1 trying to balance it all one day at a time. Follow me in my journey toward a better, fuller, simpler life.

#frugalliving #budgetmeals

frugal food,cheap and easy meals,vegan refried beans,slow cooker meal,vegan bean recipe,slow cooker recipe,cook with me,frugal meals,frugal living,fixed income,

Post a Comment

0 Comments