Advertisement

Thrift Flip | Stitching up a Hole and Sewing on Patches

Thrift Flip | Stitching up a Hole and Sewing on Patches Have you ever worn a pair of jeans so much they develop an unsightly hole? As of a few months ago, I have! The hole in my jeans created a great opportunity to A) embroider and B) ADD PATCHES TO A PAIR OF JEANS!! I had been meaning to do this for years but didn't want to ruin any of my current jeans... I have a weird attachment to all of my denim and couldn't bear to defile them. So this was bittersweet: a terrible loss (one of my first thrift finds) and a chance to get a little crazy lol

I got cheap embroidery thread from amazon:
(NOTE: THIS KIT DOES NOT INCLUDE BLACK OR WHITE THREAD)

For stitching on the patches I used regular stitching thread that I had lying around and a spare needle. If your patches are thick I recommend getting a thimble and a thick leather needle because that stupid Blue Ridge Mountain patch RUINED my fingers and my mental state.

Hope you enjoy :)

thrift flip,sewing,beginner diy,diy,denim flip,denim,vintage denim,vintage jeans,hole in jeans,embrodiery,patches,patches on jeans,

Post a Comment

0 Comments