Advertisement

DOSTOEVSKY: IF THERE IS NO GOD, is everything permitted?

DOSTOEVSKY: IF THERE IS NO GOD, is everything permitted? In this video I explain the TWO THINGS Dostoyevsky (Dostoevsky) intended when he wrote: if there is no God, everything is permitted in the Brothers Karamazov (1880).

This is EPISODE 4 of The Vlad Vexler Show. I hope the show offers demanding content, which can be conveniently consumed. Think of it as the New York Review of Books of online video. I am doing this because I believe there is gap - and I am still framing how to speak about it. I do think a lot of people are lost, about where to consume high quality content online, and lost about where the world is moving. I believe in conventional media and publications. I support many of them. But I also think we need to start framing what else is possible, and how we can keep our making sense of our world . . . TRUTHFUL . . . BUT HOPEFUL.

I write and speak about classical music, culture wars, politics, art and wine.

Professionally, I am a philosopher working in ethics and musicology. Some current projects include 1. What it means for philosophers to be funny. 2. Isaiah Berlin’s political ideas. 3. Nietzsche’s moral psychology. 4. Laughter in absolute music. I am currently writing a book about Isaiah Berlin.

I coach artists and arts organisations, working with them to take their creative process to the next level and working to overcome creative blocks.

I’ve lived in Russia, Israel, Australia, Tonga and the UK.

Instagram:
Podcast: coming up!
Linkedin:
Twitter:
Subscribe to my email list on my website: www.vladvexler.com

dostoevsky,dostoyevsky the brothers karamazov,jordan peterson,jordan peterson dostoevsky,jordan peterson dostoevsky the brothers karamazov,jordan peterson dostoevsky quote,vlad vexler vlog,vlad vexler,fyodor dostoyevsky,if there is no god everything is permissible,if there is no god everything is permitted,if there is no god there is no morality,dostoyevsky,jordan peterson god,jordan peterson god joe rogan,jordan peterson god sam harris,atheism,God,morality,religion,

Post a Comment

0 Comments