Advertisement

NOTARY SOJAC : “ANYPLACE YOU HANG YOUR HEAD” (live, 1973)

NOTARY SOJAC : “ANYPLACE YOU HANG YOUR HEAD” (live, 1973) From our “Notary Sojac : Live 1972-1973” CD, this song was co-written by Bob and Steve Koski. My brother Bob sings lead and the visuals accompanying the song are artworks by him. I have assembled them to loosely suggest the mood and lyrics of our tune. (acknowledgment to Bob’s daughter, Sarah, who has archived and shared these illustrations.) The chord progression and spirit were inspired by Django Reinhardt’s recording, “Ou Est-tu Mon Amour?” Our band took the mood from downbeat to upbeat as the song progresses, with a swing feel, to reflect the lyrics and provide a dynamic change. Solos are by me (Steve, on guitar), Bob, (flute), Will (Hammond organ) and Tom (guitar). The question in Django’s French title, “Where Are You, My Love?” could be asked of my late brother….I’d say he segued into the Zoidal realm, from whence his spirit visits us again and again, through his music and art. Hope you enjoy this!

1973)

Post a Comment

0 Comments