Advertisement

7. How would providing all in ticket prices benefit consumers? I QA led by PALLONE (D-NJ)

7. How would providing all in ticket prices benefit consumers? I QA led by PALLONE (D-NJ) This is one of thirty short video segments taken from a 2 hour congressional hearing about a proposed bill to regulate the event ticketing industry via HR Bill 3248 (BOSS ACT OF 2019).
Please email TicketingIndustry@Gmail.com for questions, corrections, or comments.
-----
***Access all 30 videos by clicking on the following playlist URL ( or provided below under PLAYLIST VIDEOS are the titles, descriptions, and URLs to each video within the playlist.
------
***Watch the full 2-Hour Hearing by clicking on the following
URL –
-------
WHAT IS THE ‘BOSS ACT’?
Three US politicians have reintroduced the dormant Boss Act bill (H.R. 3248) in an attempt to provide “transparency and regulation to the badly corrupted primary and second live events ticket marketplace”. The Boss Act (Better Oversight of Secondary Sales and Accountability in Concert Ticketing) – a sister bill to the ultimately successful Better Online Ticket Sales (Bots) Act, which prescribes the use of ticket bots across the US – was first introduced in 2009 amid controversy over holdbacks for Bruce ‘the Boss’ Springsteen’s Working on a Dream Tour. It was reintroduced in 2016 but failed to find the support to become law. Its provisions include forcing primary sellers to disclose how many tickets will be offered for sale and make clear any fees upfront – while also prohibiting promoters and ticketing companies from restricting where buyers can resell their tickets.
------
*****BOSS ACT 2019" PLAYLIST VIDEO DESCRIPTIONS & LINKS****
1-What is the future of paperless ticketing? I Q&A led by BURGESS (R-TX)

2-Do consumers need more legislation to protect consumers? I QA led by SCHAKOWSKY (D-IL)

3-What are white-label ticketing sites, and do consumers need more disclosure? I Q&A led by DeGette (D-CO)

4-Are white-label websites misrepresenting venues & events? I Q&A led by RUIZ (D-CA)

5-Should there be restrictions on ticket transferability? I Q&A led by DEGETTE (D-CO)

6-What are the most significant anti-consumer practices in ticketing? I QA led by SCHAKOWSKY (D-IL)

7-How would providing all-in ticket prices benefit consumers? I QA led by PALLONE (D-NJ)

8-How much/who determines secondary ticket fees? I Q&A led by FLORES (R-TX)

9-Managing consumer data/privacy laws by ticketing providers? I Q&A led by FLORES (R-TX)

10-Should consumers be concerned about ticket holdbacks (availability)? I QA led by TONKO (D-NY)

11-How prevalent are ticket holdbacks, and why should consumers care? I A led by DEGETTE (D-CO)

12-Should ticketing providers be required to disclose ticket availability? I Q&A led by GRIFFITH (R-VA)

13-Who decides on if tickets can be transferred? I Q&A led by WALDEN (R-OR)

14-Does LIVE NATION threaten to retaliate if venues don’t use Ticketmaster? I Q&A led by CLARK (D-NY)

15-What does Ticketmaster do with the consumer data on tickets purchased on the secondary market? I Q&A led by CLARK (D-NY) & DEGETTE (D-CO)

16-How does restricting transferability affect competition, privacy, and fraud? I Q&A led by KUSTER (D-NH)

17-Is it ever appropriate to prevent ticket transferability, and if so, what are the remedies? I Q&A led by PETERS (D-CA)

18-Who sets the ticket fees? I Q&A led by GUTHRIE (R-KY)

19-What is and who competes in the primary and secondary markets? IQ&A led by GUTHRIE (R-KY)

20-Who determines and establishes ticket fees? Why are there ticket fees? I Q&A led by GUTHRIE (R-VA)

-OPENING STATEMENTS (& video links) –
AXS –
Ticketmaster –
Tickets.com –
Ticket Network –
Stubhub –
Vivid Seats –
Clark (D-NY) / Guthrie (R-KY) / Degette (D-CO) / Pallone (D-NJ) / Ruiz (D-CA) / Walden (R-OR)

-----
***SUBCOMMITTEE NAMES & CONTACT INFORMATION TO OVERSIGHT AND INVESTIGATION
Link –

***DOWNLOAD House bill 3248, “Better Oversight of Secondary Sales and Accountability in Concert Ticketing Act 2019” by clicking on the following URL –

(D-NJ)

Post a Comment

0 Comments