Advertisement

I visited the UK and brought back some computers! Let's see if they work.

I visited the UK and brought back some computers! Let's see if they work. #britishcomputers #vintagecomputing #retrocomputers "Show More" and scroll down for timecodes to jump directly to sections of this video We are lucky in the North America to have easy access to a lot of old vintage computers. They were sold in large enough numbers that most aren't that hard to still find for a reasonable price. There are some machines, however, that never sold here but were popular in other parts of the world. On a recent business trip to London, I decided to order some computers off eBay and bring them back in my luggage. That way I could get cheaply and not pay for expensive international shipping. Let's see if I can get these well used inexpensive computers working. Specific useful bits is modifying a BBC Micro power supply to work in the US on 110v-120v. Time codes to jump directly to specific sections: 5:21 -- A tour of the machines 14:40 -- Looking inside the computers 20:40 -- Modifying the power supply for 115v 25:05 -- Testing these machines

work.

Post a Comment

0 Comments